We are looking for people who have passion for technology, an eye for detail and an aptitude for research and analysis. Simply put, we require people who think technology.
The candidate should also have strong written and oral communication skills and should be familiar with MS Office packages. The selected candidates would undergo training on analysis of patents and innovation management by thought leaders in Intellectual Property domain.
Responsibilities of Research Analyst:
- Work on client’s projects according to requirements designed by a Project Manager.
- Maintain quality of the analysis and work product.
- Work on internal initiatives according to requirements specified by the Project Manager with minimum supervision.
Skill sets requirements:
- Professional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, technical & analytical skills
- Independent and creative thinking
Type 1: M. Tech., MSc., or PhD in Material Science or Life Sciences (bio-tech & Pharma)
Type 2: B.Tech or M.Tech in Electronics, Electrical, Computer Science or Physics.
Work – GreyB’s Research team:
At GreyB the work is on innovation. For the lesser mortals, GB provides patent services to support patent application and prosecution process, by providing services such as: prior art search, invalidity searches, state of the art searches, freedom of use studies, and conduct patent related studies. In short, technology, technology and technology. GreyB was founded with a belief that protection and valorization of innovation will represents an integral part of the commercial food chain. GreyB’s mission is to strategically create and manage the intellectual assets for inventors and companies that will eventually benefit the world with more and better inventions and create financial rewards for the owners of the IP.
Area(s) of expertise desired:
- Business Development
- Client Engagement
- Account Manager
- Relationship Building
- B2B Sales
Summary of Job Function:
- The candidate will be responsible for sale of services dealing in niche area of Intellectual Property Research and Analytics. For GreyB, each assignment from a client is unique in scope, topic, deliverable, and time frame.
- The target audience is prospects/clients are based out of North America (USA and Canada) and Europe (Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden).
- The prospective candidate will be managing warm prospects generated by the company and will also be responsible to generate self-prospected leads via cold calling.
- For initial few months, senior management at GreyB will provide support and knowledge to you in closing of the deals as well as mining of an existing account.
- The candidate will be dealing with top-level executives in small, medium and large-sized law firms. Apart from dealing with decision makers, the candidate needs experience and self-confidence to manage the procurement and administrative departments at client’s end. Hence, the candidate must be a proven, ethical, self-starter with a motivation to deliver exceptional service to our clients.
- One of the critical requirements & company policy is that your engagement framework of Sales should always keep the Sales Manager involved with the client during the progress of the deal. We are not looking for candidates who like to develop their portfolio of clients without keeping Sales Manager in the loop. Teamwork is key characteristic for us.
- The candidate should be skilled in managing clients over phone and emails. As we work in outsourcing industry – we expect more interaction on Phone and Email vs in person meetings.
- Our services are largely project based assignments of patent search – which is sporadic need of an attorney. This means that you will be closing project based deals vs annual contracts.
- Experience in IP (Intellectual Property) industry is desirable though not mandatory.
- Your target market is lawyers in law firms or in house legal teams inside a corporation.
- The candidate will follow company policies of reporting about his/her prospecting efforts; seek guidance of Sales Manager for progressing deals in IP industry.
Net-net, we need professional sales person.
Typical Day at GreyB:
- Planning hours where you plan and prepare yourself for telephonic prospecting of the cold leads provided by the company. This will involve identifying and segmenting cold leads based on the product to sell, geography and the type of the prospect. Spend time with experienced sales persons and your manager to gather necessary information, training material etc before you start prospecting.
- Prospecting hours where you spend time generating leads via cold calling that show interest for a presentation about our services and how exactly we solve their needs. This part involves setting up appointments with interested prospects where presentation of services via a WebEx may lead to conversion of the lead from cold to warm or paid client. Note: The prospecting time will decrease with your stay in company and you will be provided with warm prospects who have already agreed to spend time with us on the presentation.
- Selling time where you will organize & administrate web presentations between prospect, sales team and IP team for closure of the accounts. The IP team will be responsible for giving the demo and answering any technical questions from your prospects. You will be focused on only sales related administration here, meaning that you do not need to master yourself with the complex nature of our services. You will get full support from the technical team to handle any specific technical queries by the prospects.
- Account management time where you will spend time in a planned manner with your accounts to identify options of closing more project based deals, cross selling etc.
- Training and reporting time where you spend time in discussions with your manger to get yourself coached for sales initiatives you are managing.
Support from GreyB to launch you:
- The candidate will be fed with lead set of cold contacts. You will spend little or no effort searching on web in finding out who to call. The inside sales team will support you with list of contacts and also provide support the type of services that could create “call to action”.
- The candidate should not worry on learning the nuances of the services we sell from a technical angle. You will be provided support of qualified technical team while you engage with prospects during sales process.
- The candidate will get training modules of what are prospective clients ask (i.e. Objections) and what is appropriate response to the objections.
- All support about the knowledge of our services will be promptly provided.
- The candidate will get ‘full support’ when the interested prospect needs to see a presentation to learn about our skillset. You don’t need to memorize the presentations on our solutions.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Full time Direct Sales professionals to lead the growth of our Intellectual Property services. We are looking for sales persons to sell to medium and large corporations & law firms in the US & Europe.
- Ability to generate ‘Revenue Numbers’ and manage pressure of monthly targets. As a sales person we expect you to pre-plan your entire effort so that numbers pressure can be managed.
- Candidates should be comfortable with the sale and management of custom Intellectual Property research/consulting projects, targeted at senior level executives.
- Extremely good hunting skills to make effective reach-outs to busy C-level executives and persuade them for a web meeting to showcase our world class research skills.
- Very proficient cold caller to make impactful connects over phone.
- Develop and maintain structured sales campaigns to achieve new business goals. Good emails skills are necessary.
- Solid framework of performing ‘Follow up’ (email and phone calls) with leads you have worked.
- Prospect new client opportunities through warm leads supplied by GreyB (this will be larger part of your role in 3 months).
- Prospect new client opportunities through own-lead generation efforts and referrals.
- Prepare necessary paperwork to process contracts and close deals.
- 6+ years in sales and/or business development, preferably related to research, analysis and/or consulting.
- Polished in managing clients, with a track record of successful revenue attainment.
- Sensitive to the cultural differences between Asia and America.
- Experience and expertise in building meaningful business relationships
- Diligent in using CRM and maintaining neat and documented records of connects, follow ups and deal progress
- Your earnings has a factor of uncapped commissions. This means that you should make sure that revenue numbers are not compromised.
- Our business model has been validated now i.e. the type of research we sell has very less competition as it is driven by skill and not low cost. You will find high interest of our work with clients and very low attrition of converted clients allowing you to build a strategic client portfolio.
With all the upside of uncapped commissions, we have a policy of full transparency of your sales efforts. You will need to be an ‘open’ sales person, who will keep the company management fully involved and updated with every sales campaigns.
You can mail us your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch on +91-0172-4416700 for any queries.