With this privacy page, we have tried to be as transparent as possible about our data collection and management process. Your right about your personal information is also covered in later sections.
This privacy notice applies to the information that we collect using our website, products, services, and by offline business reach outs via emails, calls, and messages. These means will be collectively described as “services” from here on.
With “You”, we are addressing our clients, service users, sales prospects, or individuals whose data is included on our servers.
You can navigate to relevant parts of this privacy notice using this table of content:
- Updates to this privacy notice
- What personal information does GreyB collect and why?
- What happens to the data that we collect?
- Sharing your data for legal and business purposes
- Legal basis for processing personal information
- Anonymous statistics
- Marketing communications
- Data retention
- Your data protection rights
- Contact us
Updates to this privacy notice
We update this policy notice from time to time in order to comply with your needs and make your experience better when using our services. We will notify to about the changes made to our privacy policies by communication means most appropriate to us and you, (email, or a written notice or a blog post on our website)
We recommend you to keep checking this page every now then to stay updated.
What personal information does GreyB collect and why?
We have broadly divided the data that we collect in 2 categories:
Information that you provide voluntarily
At different places and parts on our website, we may ask you to voluntarily provide personal information about you such as: We may ask you to provide your Name, Email, and Company Name when you request a PDF from our website.
We may also ask you your personal information through other type of form submissions on our website when you subscribe for marketing communications, or register an account, or download ebooks, or if you reach out to us via any of the contact form on our website. Collectively, all the information that you voluntarily provide us on our website.
Why we need all this information will be made clear at the point when we ask you to provide this information.
Information that we collect automatically
This information is automatically recorded every time you interact with our online services (website, or products). Here is a list of type of information we collect automatically about you:
- Your browser/device type
- Your IP address to determine the geography you are visiting us
- Referring sites and pages you interact with on GreyB.com.
We collect this information to better understand how our visitors are interacting with our website. This information aid to our analytical efforts and help us improve user experience while they visit us.
We may also use this information to provide you with relevant ads on other websites. We do this by providing your browser “cookies” and by using similar tracking technologies. (more about our cookies policy below)
What happens to the data that we collect?
Certain features and services of GreyB’s website requires visitors to provide some information in order to work efficiently. Information like your Email address and name is used to provide you important updates relevant to you via email.
Similarly, we may use your Name, Email address, and company name when you request a Ebook from any part of our website. This information helps our analytical efforts.
Users can refuse to provide their personal information at any time however, it may prevent them from accessing certain part/services of our website i.e analysis reports, ebooks, monthly/weekly subscriptions etc.
Sharing your data for legal and business purposes
We may disclose your information to following type of recipients:
- To any competent law enforcement body, regulatory, government agency, court or other third party where we believe disclosure is necessary to better comply with legal regulations and such.
- To our trusted employees, third party service providers such as email clients and CRM software, analytical software, or other information processing services for the purpose as described in above sections.
- To any other person with your consent about the disclosure.
Legal basis for processing personal information
Our legal basis for collecting personal information will depend on the information concerned and the context we collect that information in. However, we will only collect your personal information, with your consent, where we have a legitimate reason to do so i.e. to form a contract with you (newsletter, marketing communications, etc.). In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you.
We will never override your data protection interest or your fundamental rights and we don’t sell your information to anyone.
- We may anonymise your personal information for the purposes of internal analyses, for example product research to help us improve our Services. We may in turn pass the anonymised data onto third third party service providers such as analytical and CRM softwares, email clients and our employees.
If you have requested to receive marketing communication from us (by signing up for weekly/monthly/bi-weekly newsletters, ebook download, analysis reports), we may, according to your preference, send you relevant marketing information via email/SMS/phone call, etc. This also includes any new service/product launch that we think maybe relevant to you.
We believe in only providing information that is relevant to you. We will never misuse or spam you with irrelevant or rather useless information. You can always, at any time, unsubscribe from these marketing communications, either through unsubscribe button that is present at the footer of every email that we send, or either by directly contacting us.
Securing your personal information is at highest priority on our data retention practice. CRM and Analytical software that we use are trusted by thousands of other reputed organizations and only a few people from our organization have access to your personal information.
We also, from time to time, keep a check for vulnerabilities within our organization to prevent any data leakage or security compromises thereof.
You can reach out to us (see contact us page), at anytime related to any query that you may have related to security and retention of your personal data.
We only keep a your information as long as we need it and if we feel that there is not need for us to keep your data, we may dispose of it securely.
If a user wishes to be forgotten from our records, they can, at any time, contact us through the mediums listed at our contact us page and we will be happy to comply with their needs.
A “Cookie” is a small file containing some code that a website or a service keeps on your browser whenever you visit them. This file is used to identify you whenever you visit that website/service next time.
GreyB uses first party and third party cookies to save your time and preference on our website, for example, you may have personalised some pages on our website according to your needs (closing a pop-up is one example), or you may have submitted a form on our website. Whenever you return to these pages, we may already fill those forms for you by recognising your browser. This will save you time and effort when interacting with different part of our website.
Apart from individual preference, cookies helps us determine your browsing pattern on GreyB.com and help us recognise parts of our website those are most popularly used. It will also help us determine other information like, geographical location of our user base, their referring websites, thier IP address, browser and device information, etc. for analytical purpose.
Your data protection rights
You have following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your personal information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided on at the bottom of this policy page or through our “contact us” page.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us directly.
- Similarly, if we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.